Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 2


Second Doctor's Appointment

Back up to birthweight
Still a little jaundice, but nothing bad
Everything looks good

Outings 

We're still taking Muppet on walks as often as the weather permits - when it gets too wet out we skip it.  It's a good time for all of us to get out, including the dog!




We also went out to lunch and a walk along the beach.  Which means more carrier time!  I don't know how people live without baby carriers.  We use it every time we have an errand.  Which includes walking to the grocery store when we need to pick something out.  It's great to be hands free.




On Saturday, October 15, we took Muppet for our annual "Zoo Walk."  We got him all bundled up for the 2.5 mile walk.  Here he's wearing a hat his grandma made for him.

Muppet spent most of the time sleeping, so we entertained ourselves by taking pictures of him with the animals.





















Adjusting at home

I'm really lucky that J took off the whole month to stay home.  He's an incredible help.

With Muppet's sleep schedule this week, he's been getting up when I'm done feeding and spending the ridiculous amount of time trying to get Muppet to get back to sleep once I've woken him up.  In the morning when I'm doing the "breakfast feed" he makes the two of us breakfast.



Then he entertains Muppet while I take a shower. (or a nap)

 


 The dog is also adjusting.  In general he'd prefer to have nothing to do with Muppet.  But that's pretty much how he is with all people in general, so I don't think it's anything personal.

And at night, anytime Muppet cries, the dog goes running to the baby's room to check it out.  He comes to get me if Muppet is really waking and not just doing his "I make a ton of noise when I sleep" noises.

 
 This week Muppet became more interested in some of his things.  Like the swing. 
 

 He doesn't love being in the swing if he's awake, but he'll sleep in there for a while if he's already asleep.  J thinks it's the music.

 
And he's great in his pack n play.  For some reason he just gets really calm and happy when he's in there.



 But his favorite thing is the Baby Gym.  We do tummy time there or just lie and look up.  He's not quite able to focus on the hanging toys, preferring to stare into our faces or at us, but he's happy as a clam lying there.


Muppet weighs: 7lbs 6oz
Next Appointment: Thursday, November 3
Sleep: Muppet is a sleepy sleeper at night.  During the day he has no problem waking every 2-3 hours to feed.  But at night?  Not so much.  Which means I have to wake him every 3 hours.  And that's not easy to do.  It takes me an hour to wake him.  I strip him down to his diaper - which I change.  Then I tickle his feet, his ears, under his arms.  Still sleeping.  Eventually I dip a washcloth in cold water and wipe it on his face and he still sleeps.  Once I get him up, he eats and it takes forever to get him to go back to sleep because he's really only getting an hour of sleep between feedings with me trying to wake him and get him back to sleep.  I'm really looking forward to when I don't have to wake him.  Dr. R said that now that Muppet is back to birthweight, he just needs to get a little bit over and once he turns 2 weeks old I can let him sleep at night.
Best moment this week: Taking Muppet to the zoo.  It's one of my favorite places
Milestones:   
*Muppet now focuses on our faces
*Back up to birthweight

No comments:

Post a Comment